Volunteer to Help
We can always use more help, both with Member service requests and with Office-type work.
Our seniors need your helpI Can you commit a few hours once or twice a month?
Join us and Make a Difference! Your Volunteerism is Greatly Appreciated.
Do you have skills you would like to put to good use? The people who volunteer with TENT experience the satisfaction that comes with using their skills and talents to make a positive difference in people’s lives. The village offers each of us ways to help our neighbors and form new friendships.
Our volunteers are the cornerstone of TENT, drawing upon the untapped capacity of people in our communities to support each other. Volunteers can include Village members, their children, students, empty nesters, retirees and many others from the community. Every volunteer is carefully vetted and oriented to ensure comfort and assurance for those receiving services.
What Can You Do?
- Be a friend - read, visit, call to say “hi”
- Drive a member to an appointment or meeting
- Pick up groceries or take a member shopping
- Help with repairs
- Change a light bulb, take out the trash
- Water plants, plant flowers or tomatoes
- Walk a dog, feed a cat
- Clear away snow, turn on a drip system
- Teach someone how to text, Skype or Facetime with their grandkids
- Help in TENT office .... And so much more!
Why Volunteer with TENT?
- You stay active - physically, mentally and socially
- You make a real difference in improving the quality of others’ lives
- You can volunteer in you own neighborhood at your convenience
- You ‘pay it forward’, knowing that someday you may also need support
- Your sense of well-being will be enhanced by volunteering (based on recent medical research)
Benefits of Volunteering
Click here a helpful web site that supports mental and emotional health. It will open in a new browser tab.
Other ways to help.
Please fill a Volunteer Application, indicating your preferences. For work with Members, we will send you a background screening invitation. Here is a video of what you can expect from the screening site.
Or write to our Volunteer Coordinator at Volunteers@TaosElders.org