TENT is here to help.
A community of elders and neighbors supporting one another
You can register now for COVID vaccination. Help in registering for the COVID-19 vaccine is available on the website at cvvaccine.nmhealth.org. Those having trouble accessing or using the registration site, and those who do not have internet access can now call 1-855-600-3453, press option 0 for vaccine questions, and then option 4 for tech support.
You can get tested and we encourage all volunteers and members to do so. Here are the details.
Avoid the three C's: closed spaces, crowded places, and close-contact settings.
We are offering services only as needed by Members and as offered by willing Volunteers and Events that are not in-person.
In order to limit exposure to you and the volunteers we are going to use the following approach, effective immediately and until further notice.
- Transport: Passengers ride in opposite rear seat. Diagonally opposite windows open to create an air curtain between driver and passenger. See article here.
- Shopping: We prefer to not ask our volunteers to go into stores to shop for you. Stores will pack groceries for pickup. We can arrange delivery if you tell us when and where to pick up.
As a last resort TENT will attempt to find a Volunteer willing to shop for you. We will continue try to collect and deliver medications.
- Home Maintenance or Technical help: Can this work can be done without close physical contact between Member and Volunteer? Understand that unless it is an emergency the mechanics who have the final say may not agree to enter your home.
This web site has resources for us in Northern New Mexico. Click here.
For resources in the Enchanted Circle, Click here.
To see our community in action, click below. It’s worth your 7 minutes.
TENT needs your help to help others.
Many elders in Taos have difficulty living alone without help. We are a community of elders and neighbors who will provide social contacts, transportation, minor home repairs, and caregiver relief. Would you like to help?
We have dozens of volunteers who have offered to provide transportation, social contact, minor housekeeping, and home repairs, occasional pet care or gardening, and caregiver relief.
Volunteers all have background screening and go through an orientation. We do not provide any medical services.
We started providing services in October 2018 and are always looking for new volunteers. Sign up here.
Click here for newsletters.
Our Mission is to connect elders to resources needed to maintain comfortable, dignified, vibrant lives in their homes and community by providing appropriate services, activities, and programs that further this purpose.
Members commit to a full year (except Trial). Memberships receive all our services. Sign up here.
- Individual ($350/year or $32/month)
- Household ($450/year or $40/month)
- Trial 3-month Individual for $150.
You can become a Sustaining Member for a donation of $150/year or more. These funds will help support low-income members.
We accept donations of any amount. Donate here.