A double-duty meeting of TENT Volunteers!
1. To review, re-evaluate, revise, redefine TENT Member Services. Below is a working draft of TENT services. Please give us your comments, feedback. What is reasonable, how should services be most realistically defined? If you can’t come to the meeting, please email your comments.
2. Have some very light end-of-summer refreshments (as in Happy Hour).
TENT Member Services
These are the services that Taos Elders and Neighbors Together (TENT) offers, assuming that a suitable volunteer is available when requested. All requests except phone calls are limited to three per week.
We take requests by phone 575/224-6335 Monday through Friday 9am – 5pm.
o Transportation for
- Medical or therapy appointments
- Shopping, bank, post office, drug store, hairdresser, other errands
- Visiting friends, concerts, theater
- Trip to airport for travel. For distant trips the member is asked to reimburse the driver for expenses at 15¢/mile: Santa Fe - $20, Albuquerque - $40, Española - $15
- Reading mail
- Relieve caregiver
- Short term help with meals
- Help with checkbook and bills
- Short-term pet care and dog walking
- Assistance with Social Security, Medicare and insurance forms
- Patient advocates/companions to appointments
- Phone a member regularly
o Home maintenance including
- Handyman, change light bulbs, fix minor plumbing leaks, etc
- Occasional gardening and light yard care
- Occasional light housekeeping
- Clearing steps and walks of snow
- Inspection for hazards and repair needs
o Tech Support for
- PCs and Macs
- Printers and networking
- Software help and tutoring
- TV remotes, VCRs, programming answering machines
- Friendly visits with member
- Birthday Card program